Rabu, 23 November 2016

DAN TEITZ JOINS THE DINOS FOR



Daniel Teitz always wanted a chance to play football with his older brother Micah Teitz. His wish will be granted in 2017.

The University of Calgary Dinos confirmed the signing of linebacker Daniel Teitz to a Canadian Interuniversity Letter of Intent.

Teitz, a 6’, 205 lbs. linebacker is a product from the Falcons program of the Calgary Minor Football Association who will graduate from Springbank High School in June 2017. Daniel was a Rockyview Football League all-star last year and was his team’s Most Valuable Player as well as the MVP for the Falcons of the Calgary Midget Football League.

A starting member of the Alberta U18 team for the past two years Daniel is familiar with the Dinos football program seeing his older brother, who was a Canada West all-star and CIS second team all-Canadian in 2015.

“I felt Calgary was the place for me. I have seen my brother play here (Calgary) and know the expectations,” stated Teitz who will enter the Faculty of Kinesiology. “I grew up around the program so I know how it (the program) works and I like the family atmosphere with the team. I knew this was the place for me,” states Teitz who was recruited by McGill, Manitoba, Alberta and Queens but did not make any official recruiting visits.

Head Coach Wayne Harris is delighted with Teitz’s decision to the join the Dinos.

“Daniel is an outstanding linebacker with great range and mobility. He had an outstanding Canada Cup with the Alberta U18 team,” Harris stated.

Daniel is the son of Martin and Hope Teitz of Springbank, AB.


EmoticonEmoticon