Rabu, 02 Maret 2011

'I don't have any parts of my body that I hate': Kate Winslet shows off her figure in skin-tight Victoria Beckham dress

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

'There's nothing I hate': Kate Winslet shows off her hourglass curves in a Victoria Beckham dress in the April edition of U.S. Glamour magazine


Watching oneself onscreen for hours at a time would cause body issues for even the most confident.

But Kate Winslet has revealed that she has no intention of using plastic surgery to keep her youthful appearance.

'No, I have never tried any of that stuff. I don’t have parts of my body that I hate or would like to trade for somebody else’s or wish I could surgically adjust into some fantasy version of what they are,' she said.

Kate was talking to the April edition of U.S. Glamour magazine, for which she posed in a figure-hugging Victoria Beckham dress.

Kate admitted that she hadn't always been as confident in her looks.


On trend: The Oscar-winner pulls up her skirt as she poses in a Sophie Theallet outfit


‘When I was heavy, people would say to me - and it was such a backhanded compliment - they would say, 'You've got such a beautiful face.'

'In the way of, like, 'Oh, isn't it a shame that from the neck down you're questionable.' ‘

The 35-year-old also recalled the moment she won her best actress Oscar in 2009.

Kate joked: ‘I was the kid who never won the races. I never jumped the highest.
'I wasn't on the list of the high-achieving.

‘Winning the Oscar was like winning all the prizes in one single night that I never won as a kid.

'For me, it was an internal-fist-pumping moment of yes.’


Stunning: Kate Winslet poses for the April issue of US Glamour


She said the recognition hadn't changed her aims as an actress.

'I have just wanted to be an actress,' she said. 'That’s always been my goal.


'I didn’t want to be famous. I wanted to play incredibly challenging, multifaceted characters. Because we are all a puzzle.'


But although she didn't aim to become famous, there is no denying that Kate is now a household name.

That, she revealed, had brought problems of it's own - not least the difficulty of raising a 'normal' family.

‘The challenge is making sure that they’re never treated different just because I sometimes am,' she said of her children Mia, 10, and Joe, seven.

‘I always want them to be regular kids who are grateful and respectful of other human beings.’

Kate, who last year split from her film director husband of six years, Sam Mendes, also revealed how proud she is of her children.

‘I want them to know that when we fly first-class, that they are lucky,' she said.
'The highest compliment I could ever receive about my kids — and I can say that this does happen frequently — is when the in-flight crew say to me, "Your children are wonderful. They are so well-behaved."

'Every time I am told that, I could weep.’


No Nip and Tuck for Kate Winslet


source: dailymail


EmoticonEmoticon