Selasa, 19 Oktober 2010

A Comeback, A New Blog Concept

Have you followed the timeline of this blog, you'll come into conclusion that I've been neglecting it for a year or so. Honestly, no post at all! What are you thinking?! Well, before you judge me as an incompetent, indiscipline, and an 'ababil' with no respect of blogging world, let me put a defense by explaining the motives of its abandonment:

  • I forgot the password of this blog.
Lame reason huh? But that's the truth. Driven by a desire to protect my blog better, I decided to use word-combined-with-number password instead of my usual choice of word. It worked at first, but as memory loss was a common occurrence last year... well, you can guess the rest. Don't worry for this time though, I've learned from my mistake by picking a simpler password. Doesn't mean that you can hack or worst, crack this blog; do that and I'll hunt you to death :))
  • I had lots, tiring homework given by insensitive lecturers and busy university days.
Who ever loves homework? Certainly not me. One is okay, two is... enough, but more than two with only a week as the deadline? NIGHTMARE. That was happened to me last year as the impact of taking accounting-themed lessons. The fact that the lecturers are crazy psychos with no toleration of mistake, no matter how small it is, didn't help either. And don't forget the stingy problem in marking the homework and exam papers!

As for the busy university days, here I refer to my past position as a staff of a student society engaging specifically in academic stuffs. That's when I had a pile of responsibilities: taking care of seminars, interest groups, and other big academic events. It was fun, sure, I got more friends, connections, and meaningful experiences, but as I had a little endurance after suffering a typhoid for about two to three weeks, I started to regret the decision of ever applying that position. And whenever you regret a thing, that thing becomes a chore for you. The fun was gone, replaced by misery :(

Does the situation become better now? Gradually, yes. By retiring from organizations through default way not a letter of resignation, I have more time to rest or even indulge in other activities without feeling burdened of anything. Sure, I still have stingy lecturers (damn accounting-themed lessons), but they are quite competent and communicative in explaining the lessons so that I can enjoy them thoroughly!
  • I had bad connection of internet.
How come you update your blog without the connection of internet? By praying to God? Very unlikely. You need it badly, dude, even for replacing the header. And that's something that I didn't have last year: I had no modem and didn't have any clue how to utilize the wifi facility of my campus. All has changed though, as I have bought a modem (though the signal is on and off, put the blame on the provider) and yippie! Finally I can access the wifi facility! Hail Mr. Chris for helping!

Enough with reasons, I think an introduction is in order as I've deleted my previous posts to better implement the whole new concept. Starting from my trait: Perfectionist by nature and English-literatures adorer, writing blog post with a nice, flowing sentences and good grammar in English is my passion, not a liability. However I realize that I am not a British or American citizen or even a citizen from any countries using English as primary language, so the chance of doing mistakes is large. Therefore, I wish you, as the readers, especially the one who has an expertise in English to correct my mistake, either by commenting below this post or PM-ing me. I'll be very grateful :)

And what about the new concept? What is it? Well, maybe I should've called it new concepts as the amount is more than one. They are the ones who will color my blog starting from today: novels and fictions, detective-themed movies, wolves, the campus life, and scholarships. What a mix, yes, but that's where my interest lies.

Greetings,

Riska


EmoticonEmoticon