Kamis, 25 Agustus 2011

Day 225: Manager Meeting Requests

Day 225: Today I decided to email a handful of managers on my target list while I take a minute to decide whether or not to move forward with the manager who offered to sign me. Since I have a week to make a decision, this is what I sent out to the managers on my list...

Subject: Meeting this week?

Hi *****, 

I've recently been offered representation from another management company and would love to meet with you before making any decisions.  

7 quick tidbits about me:

  • I wrote & starred in the webseries "Diary of a Wedding Planner." You can view the most recent episode here.

  • In my last 7 commercial auditions I've had 3 callbacks and 1 avail. Almost there!

  • I'm currently producing the official documentary on the Mitrice Richardson story.

  • I'm continuing to study audition & on-camera technique in an ongoing class at Stan Kirsch Studios.

  • I'm staying in shape by returning to my former love of hip-hop dance at Your Neighborhood Dance Studio.

  • Have a versatile look- rocking my natural hair for commercial auditions & long curls for anything theatrical.

  • Have a stable night job in production that keeps my days completely free for auditions. No golden handcuffs!

If you have room in your roster for an adorably sassy mid-20's black chick who values training, I'd love to meet with you at your earliest convenience.

Cheers,
Brandi Ford


Notice what I didn't have on there? Something that says, I recently booked... because I HAVEN'T BOOKED ANYTHING SO FAR THIS YEAR and we're about to be in SEPTEMBER!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH$*%&^$%$@$#@$!!!!!

If you can't tell, it's frustrating. I'm frustrated. *Sigh* But I had to write something so I called attention to what sounded good in my head.


Well, these were the 3 {mildly depressing} same day responses I received:

  1. Who is the other company followed 5 minutes later with I saw your reel. This is a pass for me. 

  2. Thank you for your interest.  I do have a couple of clients who would be a direct conflict and it would not be fair to you or them to meet. Best of luck.

  3. Hi Brandi: Take the rep offered! I can't take on another actor at your level right now! 

After eating some ice cream {doesn't that make EVERYTHING just feel better, at least temporarily?}, I soaked in what the first manager had to say and resolved to shoot some more footage for my reel. I already knew I needed to add some dramatic scenes to it but this highlights that need even more.

Bottomline: Gotta get this taken care of and until I do, no more submissions to representation.


EmoticonEmoticon