Minggu, 22 Juni 2014

Ajahn Manit Boonprasert: My Professional Inspiration

June 2011, Rangsit University, Thailand, I was listening to a lecturer's presentation in the class when an elderly couple walked in and took our attention. The lady introduced herself as Ajahn Mannit Boonprasert and the man as Ajahn Uthai Boonprasert. Ajahn in Thai means teacher. The lady  had a soft voice. She was  polite and wore a gentle smile. She mentioned that they were both lecturers with the university. The lady also mentioned that she was our course leader and that we would mostly be dealing with her for the rest of the course. We were left with over nine months to complete the course

Ajahn Manit Boonprasert started teaching  research methodology in education. Later she also became my thesis advisor. It was as a lecturer for research methodology and as my thesis adviser that I got the opportunity to work with her. As I started to interact and discuss with her both in the class and in her office over several issues regarding my thesis, I saw some of the finest qualities of a teacher in her. She was truly an inspiration for me.

To be continued..... 


EmoticonEmoticon